RN MDS Coordinator:
Job Summary: Employee's primary responsibility is to conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the residents' assessments/care plans in accordance with the requirements of state regulations, and the facilities policies and procedures. Performs charts audits and shares responsibility for assuring applicable resident assessment and care plans are complete, updated, and transmitted per policy.
The MDS Coordinator is delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out the assigned duties. Employees in this position require occasional supervision while working toward a definite objective requiring use of a wide range of procedures required to meet assigned objectives. Solve non-routine problems, referring only unusual matters to supervisor.
II. Minimum Qualifications:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
1. Minimum of two years experience in a long-term care facility.
2. A minimum of one year experience in Minimum Data Set (MDS) preparation and data entry.
C. Licensure / Certifications / Registrations
1. California State Registered Nurse License
2. Valid Basic Life Support/Healthcare Provider certification.
D. Essential Skills
1. Understanding of basic medical terminology.
2. Must possess knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures.
3. Must be knowledgeable of MDS practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
4. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
5. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
6. Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., necessary for providing quality care.
7. Must have patience, tack, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
8. Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
9. Ability to understand and carry out written, oral, and/or graphic instructions.
10. Ability to accurately perform intermediate math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
11. Ability to write and prepare clear and concise reports.
12. Ability to speak effectively on a one on one and small group situation to patients, visitors, and other employees.
13. Must be able to release information correctly regarding a resident's condition.
14. Understanding of and ability to use proper body mechanics to prevent injury to self.
15. Ability to keep and document accurate patient records.
16. Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of your duties.
17. Ability to operate modern office equipment efficiently.
18. Ability to type (input) at 30 words per minute.
19. Ability to organize work and perform multiple tasks.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!