Per diem opportunity with a growing healthcare system! We are looking for coverage during the day and on the weekends. The schedule/hours will be on an as needed basis, depending on the needs of the department.
Provides a variety of diagnostic ultrasound procedures (invasive and non-invasive) ranging from OB/GYN, abdomen, breast and small body parts to intra-cavity and color Doppler and a variety of biopsies. Performs a wide variety of procedures insuring compliance with organizational protocols and standards
1. Receives requests for specialized procedures. Based on request and diagnosis sets up procedure room with appropriate equipment. Tests full range of inter-related equipment prior to procedure to verify in good working order such as elements synchronized at appropriate intervals. Provides simple troubleshooting and repairs as needed; makes adjustments as needed to equipment.
2. Prepares patient for procedure, explains process, positions patient in accordance with type of procedure to be performed or based on specific instructions by the physician. Performs all aspects of ultrasound imaging.
3. Operates various equipment including ultrasoniscopes, transducers and cameras in order to provide high quality films for review by physician. Makes adjustments as necessary during procedures. Evaluates images for technical quality before releasing patient.
4. Maintains and records appropriate documentation regarding procedures according to established protocols. Participates in quality assurance process to improve and/or insure the delivery of quality patient care. May provide patient or physician follow-up in order to collect appropriate data for documentation.
5. Checks for patient identification, questions the patient to obtain a patient history or pre-existing condition. Always questions female patients regarding pregnancy. Documents all relevant information.
6. Participates in instruction of students, and in-service education for staff members.
7. Keeps supervisor informed of issues and potential equipment problems.
8. Maintains appropriate licensure, registration and continuing education requirements.
1. Satisfactory completion of a formal ultrasound training program or equivalent training program as specified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required.
2. Certification by Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS) preferred. (New graduates and/or non ARDMS certified candidates will be expected to obtain certification after completion of one year as an Ultrasound Tech).
3. Knowledge or understanding of RIS and PACS computer systems preferred.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!