Dartmouth, MA 02714
Full-time Adult Medicine Physician needed at a Community Health Center!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Department: Adult Medicine
POSITION SUMMARY: The Physician will examine patients, review medical histories, interpret diagnostic tests, diagnose patient injury/illness and provide appropriate treatment and education. The Physician will document treatment appropriately in the Electronic Health Record and follow the Health Centers policies and procedures regarding quality care and compliance.
- Responsible for conducting individual patient health history, physical assessments and screenings to include various diagnostic testing as needed. Management of complex medical illnesses within the scope of Internal Medicine practices.
- May provide initial interpretation of X-Rays which are officially studied and reported by a consulting Radiologist. Interprets Laboratory reports and Electrocardiograms within the scope of medical practice. Responsible for interpreting the results and providing feedback to patient and/or designated family member.
- Responsible for prescribing/performing various treatment modalities - including, but not limited to: medications, injections, wellness counseling, suturing, and ancillary testing.
- Responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of treatment plans.
- Consults and collaborates with a variety of health care professionals and makes referrals as necessary.
- Monitors and ensures patient satisfaction.
- Facilitates appropriate utilization of the healthcare system and encourages appropriate follow-up care.
- Provides educational opportunities for the patient and/or family related to health status, utilizing additional resources when indicated. Responsible for facilitating patients participation in medical and health care by providing information needed to make informed appropriate healthcare decisions.
- Maintains accurate, legible, timely documentation of patient encounters. Promptly responds to all inquiries and documentation of medical services provided.
- Serves on and actively participates as a member on committees as assigned. Attends a variety of meetings, discussions, conferences, seminars, and workshops, both within and outside the organization as applicable to own position's responsibilities. Maintains certification in compliance with current State law. Fulfills other requirements for maintaining a license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to manage and provide the care appropriate to the ages of patients served on his/her assigned practice setting. Incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development relative to the patients specific age. Additionally, incumbent must be able to provide the care needed as described in the Health Center policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer and/or Director of Adult Medicine.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Ability to effectively communicate with patients as well as physicians and other healthcare providers.
* Must possess the ability to treat patients and their families with compassion and understanding.
* Must be detail oriented, observant and maintain a strong ability to focus when evaluating and treating patients.
* Must possess problem solving skills to evaluate patients and administer appropriate treatments.
* Must protect confidential information pertaining to patients according to Health Center protocol.
* Experience in Adult Medicine and/or Geriatric care. Performs procedures as defined in the Delineation of Privileges.
* Experience and ability to provide patient education.
* Knowledge and implementation of quality improvement measures.
* Commitment and interest in working with a low income and culturally diverse population.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & OTHER CREDENTIALS:
* Medical Degree and current and unrestricted Massachusetts Physician License
* DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration
* Internal Medicine Board Certification/Board Eligibility
* Current CPR/BLS Certification
* Maintain continuing medical education
* Knowledge of community health and public health principles/practices
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!