Dartmouth, MA 02714
Full-time Adult Nurse Practitioner needed at a health center in Massachusetts!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Adult Medicine, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will examine patients, review medical histories, interpret diagnostic tests, diagnose patient injury/illness and provide appropriate treatment and education. The NP/PA will document treatment appropriately in the Electronic Health Record and follow the Health Center’s policies and procedures regarding quality care and compliance.
- Responsible for conducting individual patient health history, physical assessments and screenings to include various diagnostic testing as needed. Responsible for interpreting the results and providing feedback to patient and/or designated family member.
- Responsible for prescribing/performing various treatment modalities - including, but not limited to: medications, injections, wellness counseling, suturing, and ancillary testing.
- Responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of treatment plans.
- Consults and collaborates for with a variety of health care professionals and makes referrals as necessary.
- Monitors and ensures patient satisfaction.
- Facilitates appropriate utilization of the healthcare system and encourages appropriate follow-up care.
- Provides educational opportunities for the patient and/or family related to health status, utilizing additional resources when indicated. Responsible for facilitating patient’s participation in medical and health care by providing information needed to make informed appropriate healthcare decisions.
- Maintains accurate, legible, timely documentation of patient encounters.
- Serves on and actively participates as a member on committees as assigned. Attends a variety of meetings, discussions, conferences, seminars, and workshops, both within and outside the organization as applicable to own position's responsibilities. Maintains certification in compliance with current State law.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to manage and provide the care appropriate to the ages of patients served on his/her assigned practice setting.
- Incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development relative to the patient’s specific age.
- Additionally, incumbent must be able to provide the care needed as described in the Health Center policies and procedures.
* Current and unrestricted Massachusetts Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License
* DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration
* Board Certification as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
* Current CPR/BLS Certification
* Maintain continuing medical education
Offering fantastic compensation and benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!