Portland, ME 04101
Full-time Assistant Chief Medical Technologist needed at a top facility in beautiful Portland, Maine!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Bonus, relocation, and temp housing are included with this position!
Shift is Evening (3:00 – 11:00) – 40 hours. This position has 17 direct reports (Med and Lab Techs), so prior leadership experience would be nice OR must be outgoing, friendly, personable, as well as a self-started who can motivate others. Must be strong technically, because this position is involved in projects such as new implementations, quality testing and improvement initiatives. Will also do some backup coverage for the bench.
The Assistant Chief Medical Technologist will coordinate and supervise all technical and administrative activities in the clinical laboratory, including monitoring all procedures, quality control/assurance practices and proficiency testing programs in a manner that ensures the accuracy and validity of tests results in a timely fashion while also assuring compliance with the requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies and a high level of service to all clients.
The successful candidate will select, train and schedule employees; monitor and evaluate employee performance; ensure staff completion of all mandated safety and compliance programs; assist in long-range planning and budget preparation and interact with staff and clients providing clinical information as appropriate. Additionally, the candidate will function as a working supervisor, performing clinical laboratory technical/testing functions as needed - may assume responsibility of managing the department in the absence of the Chief Medical Technologist.
* Knowledge of clinical laboratory functions, practices and procedures acquired through a Baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology or an equivalent.
* An in-depth knowledge of laboratory operations and personnel management acquired through 2-3 years of progressive clinical laboratory experience.
* Certification as a medical technologist (or equivalent) or as a categorical technologist by a recognized professional organization (ASCP, AMT, NRCC).
* Certification as a specialist (SBB, SH, SM, SI), a clinical laboratory supervisor or director, or a master’s degree in business or healthcare management preferred.
* Other approved Board Certifications as required for specialty testing such as: American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB), American Board of Clinical Chemistry (ABCC), American Board of Forensic Toxicology (ABFT), American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI), American
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and demonstrated ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of computer and laboratory applications/systems.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!