Woodburn, KY 42170
Seeking an Assistant Laboratory Manager / Director to join a great time in southern Kentucky!
Job Type: Full Time
Job Hours: Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm; may require occasional variations and weekends
Medical Technologist certification
Bachelor or Science Degree
Minimum 5 years management experience within high complexity laboratory environment
Proven ability to maintain organized structure through effective leadership
Must have proficient communication and interpersonal skills with dedicated focus on quality patient care
Position offers a competitive compensation/benefit package
The Assistant Laboratory Manager works in conjunction with the Laboratory Director in facilitating the oversight of laboratory functions and personnel, including satellite locations with laboratory services.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Technical Consulting for scientific oversight of the main laboratory and all satellite offices
2. Overseeing the Proficiency program and corrective action/ documentation
3. Evaluating the competency of all testing personnel and assuring that the staff maintain competency to perform test procedures while reporting test results promptly, accurately, and proficiently. The procedure for evaluation of staff competency must include but not limited to direct observations of routine patient test performance, including patient preparation, if applicable, specimen handling, processing, and testing
4. The technical consultant is responsible for selection of test methodology appropriate for clinical use of test results; verification of the test procedures performed and the establishment of the laboratory’s test performance characteristics, including the precision and accuracy of each test and test system;
5. Oversee the linearity validation of each procedure required
6. Establish a quality control program appropriate for the testing performed and establishing the parameters for acceptable levels of analytic performance and ensuring that these levels are maintained throughout the entire testing process from the initial receipt of the specimen, through sample analysis and reporting of test results
7. Resolving technical problems and ensuring that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
8. Work with Orchard to establish new tests, troubleshooting Orchard, monitoring the recording, and reporting of test results. Sending charges to the clinic billing system. Understand how the Electronic Medical Record and Practice Management systems work with together with Orchard
9. Oversees the satellite offices and employees while working with the Satellite Coordinator and the Practice Managers at each site
10. Review the intermediate test results or worksheets, quality control records, proficiency testing results, and preventive maintenance records
11. Working with Human Resources to interview and hire lab personnel
12. May be a Laboratory Director of Moderate complexity satellite offices
13. Establishing new instruments and writing procedures
14. Evaluating instrument needs and making recommendations to the appropriate committees
15. Handling all patient complaints pertaining to the lab.
16. Departments within the Laboratory include Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Microbiology, Allergy testing, Autoimmune testing, Cepheid, Reference area, Phlebotomy and reception desk.
17. Attending all appropriate administration meetings
18. Maintaining certifications with CLIA and State requirements while ensuring documentation is appropriately and conveniently filed for inspection purposes; meeting with the inspector/s during inspection at each high and moderate complexity lab. Maintaining updated requirements for all inspections
19. Working alongside the Business Office to resolve billing issues pertaining to the lab; may include insurance-related, ICD-10 code, or incorrect test orders
20. Uploading of ICD-10 codes quarterly to Orchard
21. Handling payroll of lab employees
22. Ensuring proper coverage for staff outages (P.T.O., leaves of absence)
23. Scheduling appropriately for monthly and weekly staffing needs
24. Implementing Orchard interfaces for instruments and/or reference labs
For more information, qualified candidates please submit your resume. You can also email it directly to Kristin@ka-recruiting.com
JOB ID : KD2
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!