Glasgow, KY 42141
Full-time Assistant Laboratory Manager needed at a top facility in Kentucky!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm; may require occasional variations and weekends
The Assistant Laboratory Manager works in conjunction with the Laboratory Director in facilitating the oversight of laboratory functions and personnel, including satellite locations with laboratory services. Departments within the Laboratory include Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Microbiology, Allergy testing, Autoimmune testing, Cepheid, Reference area, Phlebotomy and reception desk.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Technical Consulting for scientific oversight of the main laboratory and all satellite offices
- Overseeing the Proficiency program and corrective action/ documentation
- Evaluating the competency of all testing personnel and assuring that the staff maintain competency to perform test procedures while reporting test results promptly, accurately, and proficiently
- Oversee the linearity validation of each procedure required
- Establish a quality control program appropriate for the testing performed and establishing the parameters for acceptable levels of analytic performance and ensuring that these levels are maintained throughout the entire testing process from the initial receipt of the specimen
- Working with Human Resources to interview and hire lab personnel
- May be a Laboratory Director of Moderate complexity satellite offices
- Establishing new instruments and writing procedures
- Attending all appropriate administration meetings
* Medical Technologist certification
* Bachelor or Science Degree
* Minimum 5 years management experience within high complexity laboratory environment
* Proven ability to maintain organized structure through effective leadership
* Must have proficient communication and interpersonal skills with dedicated focus on quality patient care
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!