Stamford, CT 06902
Medical Laboratory Technologist : Blood Bank
Highly regarding Healthcare System is seeking an individual to join our team as a Medical Technologist within the Blood Bank area our CAP accredited Laboratory Department. This is a Full Time(37.5hrs/weekly) Day shift position with rotating weekend and holiday coverage.
The Medical Technologist is responsible for independently performing and reporting general and/or specialized laboratory tests in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures, and for providing technical services and laboratory support information to staff and providers. This person functions as the lead when the department supervisor is not available.
Apply today and learn more about this tremendous opportunity to join a team and organization where your ideas and input will be encouraged and the opportunity to learn and grow will begin from day one.
7. May be assigned to function as the Scheduler and prepare monthly department work schedule under the oversight of the lab management team.
8. Scheduler will maintain daily, weekly and monthly assignments for the Technologist staff to ensure coverage in all locations with continual revisions as needed.
9. Scheduler will make sure new hired technologists are scheduled to receive proper assistance and support in all lab areas until they are thoroughly trained and familiar with procedures, protocols and equipment.
10. Responsible for training new employees.
11. Performs inventory and stock management.
12. Acts as resource for the section when the supervisor is away.
13. As a section specialist must be able to repair section instruments and solve more complex/complicated problems:
AABB and/or MT(ASCP) BB, preferred
MT (ASCP or AMT certification) or MLT (ASCP or AMT certification) required
Minimal 3-5 years of experience full time in Blood Bank, required
Knowledge of principles and practices of laboratory science and minimal computer skills required
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!