Maryville, TN 37801
Full-time Blood Bank Medical Technologist needed at a top facility in Tennessee!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire Laboratory Technologist (MT) for our Reference Laboratory, day shift.
Job summary: Perform all laboratory tests and special procedures necessary for processing of donor blood and components to enhance the well-being of our community by providing safe, adequate and economical supply of blood products.
* Operate and maintain laboratory equipment in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
* Perform routine and special laboratory procedures for testing of blood products, included but not limited to: donor testing, quality control testing, component preparation, suitability of returned components, screening for antigen negative blood, and labeling of blood components.
* Perform special component processing, included but not limited to: washing, freezing, and deglycing.
* Perform as a batch review and release technologist to verify the acceptability of blood products for transfusion and manufacturing use.
* Review, screen and analyze daily testing results, laboratory worksheets, reports and all other documentation required.
* Assist hospital transfusion services with compatibility problems.
* Analyze and implement resolutions to problems encountered in laboratory procedures.
* Demonstrate a high level of customer service, team work, professionalism and confidentiality.
* Continuously develop skill sets with attending any of the following: education programs, in-service training, and seminars.
* Stock supplies when needed.
- Must have State of Tennessee license as a medical technologist and Bachelor Degree in related field. Bachelors in medical technology preferred. MT (ASCP) certification, BB or SBB certification or eligibility preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in blood banking as a medical technologist. Skill in advanced serologic procedures is mandatory
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits including medical, dental, vision coverage, FSA, long term disability, company-matched 401(k), and PTO-Paid Time Off.
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!