Richmond, VA 23220
Full time Medical Technologist needed in Richmond, Virginia!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Join the only academic medical center in the region, providing patients with the most progressive treatments and medical technology available.
Department: Blood Bank
Schedule: Full time
Job Summary: The Medical Technologist (MT) provides accurate and timely testing and results to requesting physicians and other Health care professionals for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. The MT should consistently utilize excellent customer service skills to both internal and external customers at all times. A positive and professional interpersonal style with a strong commitment to the team effort is mandatory.
- Performance of procedures, evaluation and reporting of results as outlined in the manual of standard operating procedures.
- Notification of panic values to ordering physicians.
- Customer service oriented communications.
- Participate in teaching new employees, students, residents, etc. in areas that competency is demonstrated.
- Must complete the required number of continuing education hours per year.
- Rotating weekends as required.
- Holiday scheduling as required.
- On call availability as required and for emergency coverage on any shift.
Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (BSCLS) from an accredited program or a Bachelor's Degree in Biology or Chemistry* in addition to graduation from an NAACLS-accredited CLS/MT certificate program
Certified MT (ASCP) or MLS (ASCP) or CLS (NCA) or equivalent, or ASCP categorical certification within 24 months of employment
Team member must advance to MT II within 24 months of employment; requirements for MT II must be met to advance and maintain employment.
MT graduate to less than one (1) year of clinical work experience as a Medical Technologist
*Unless grandfathered under previous hiring requirements, or Ph.D., or foreign trained MD
Master's Degree in Clinical Lab Science (MSCLS) from an accredited program.
Minimum of one (1) year of clinical work experience as a Medical Technologist.
**Selected candidates will be placed into appropriate levels for this position based on their experience and qualifications**
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!