Seattle, WA 98101
Full-Time Technologist needed at a top blood center in Seattle, Washington!
• Perform daily workups of complex antibody problems and other red cell reference testing. Fill orders for blood in a timely manner.
• Perform antibody ID using tube, gel and solid phase methods.
• Perform warm autoantibody evaluations using matched cells, adsorption and elution techniques.
• Use enhancing reagents and enzymes in evaluation of complex antibody problems.
• Perform extended transfusion reaction evaluations.
• Perform neonatal evaluations and antibody titers.
• Foster good customer service by acting as technical resource and consultant to internal and external laboratory professionals and physicians. This may include the clinical significance of results, billing and logistical issues, etc.
• Maintain and track inventory levels of antigen typed units and supplies for testing.
• Maintain proficiency in thawing of rare units(ARDP).
• Type, pack, and send rare units provided to the national exchange of rare units.
• Participate in initiatives to meet requirements for the American Rare Donor Program in order for the laboratory to maintain AABB IRL accreditation.
• Prepare and QC reagents and serum for use during daily operations.
• Review workup documentation, final reports, and coordinate billing for testing performed.
• Encourage cooperation between all staff and maintain a professional and productive working environment.
• Troubleshoot equipment and transportation problems.
• Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all testing, research, validation. Perform and document equipment Quality Control (QC) and maintenance.
• Work with laboratory staff to develop clear, concise, up to date Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Understand and participate in Quality Assurance (QA) functions of the laboratory. Report incidents involving unusual circumstances or failure to follow written standard operating procedure.
• Bachelor of Science degree in clinical laboratory science or other biological science or equivalent.
• Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Blood Bank Technologist (BB), or Medical Laboratory
Technician (MLT) or equivalent required. Certification as Specialist in Blood Banking (SBB) preferred.
• Minimum of 2-3 years reference laboratory experience.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits. For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click apply or email us a copy of your resume directly. Be sure to check out all of our jobs at jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!