Cooperstown, NY 13326
Full Time, Day Shift position
Works under the supervision of the Cardiology Clinic and Testing Supervisor, Division Manager, and the Echocardiography Laboratory Medical Director. Performs prompt, courteous, and quality echocardiographic and support services at an expert level. Travels to regional sites and performs echocardiograms independently. Mentors students and level I sonographers as requested. Participates in the echocardiography on call rotation.
* Associates Degree in the field of science and graduation from an accredited cardiac ultrasound program
* 1 year relevant health care experience preferred
* Prior experience as a cardiac sonographer preferred
*Broad knowledge of general cardiology pathophysiology and diagnostics required.
* Registry eligible for Adult Echocardiography by ARDMS
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 6 months of employment
* Basic Life Support must be obtained within 6 months of employment
* Drivers License required
Competencies and skills:
* Capable of using effective oral and written communication
* Able to provide diagnostic EKGs in line with ICAEL standards
* Able to provide exercise and pharmaceutical stress EKGs
* Ability to foster interdisciplinary collegial relationships
* Able to assist with transesophageal echocardiograms
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!