Stamford, CT 06902
Chemistry Laboratory Supervisor:
Hospital’s Laboratory Services is seeking an experienced individual to join our team
as a Chemistry Supervisor. This is a full time day position; however since this is a working
manager role, the need to be available to assist staff and respond to questions on evenings, nights
and weekends is required may be required to work evenings, nights and weekends based on the
needs of the department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or Chemistry, preferably Laboratory Science
Master’s degree preferred
ASCP, AMT or equivalent certification
Minimum of 3 yrs Supervisory or Senior/Lead Technologist in Chemistry
The Chemistry Supervisor oversees all aspects of the day to day operations of the chemistry
section of the laboratory. This individual will implement solutions, takes steps to improve
overall departmental performance, collaborate with other departments to create systems and
problem solve ongoing issues that impact departmental/organizational goals and patient care
delivery. The ideal candidate will maintain and provide updates on technical knowledge and
participates in the on-going sharing of this knowledge with staff & clients.
1. Functions as the technical expert, performing and maintaining proficiency for procedures
and equipment within the section. Resolving technical and equipment problems.
2. Plans daily work schedule and assignments for section insuring that work is done and
reported promptly and accurately.
3. Responsible for the productivity and quality of assignments in chemistry section of the
4. Recommends budget savings initiatives for supply changes, equipment leasing and
binging testing in-house.
5. Researches, evaluates and recommends new procedures, instrumentation and deletion of
outdated tests, keeping the laboratory as up to date as possible.
6. Responsible for human resources functions (i.e., recruitment, orientation, training, staff
competency evaluations and training of new & current staff).
7. Establishes and monitors preventive maintenance and quality control procedures for all
equipment and methods, documenting review as required.
8. Responsible for contract management. Initiates new contracts and ensures renewal
contracts are reviewed and promptly updated or extended. Monitors contract processing.
9. Recommends budget savings initiatives for supply changes, equipment leasing and
binging testing in-house.
10. Works closely with other managers and staff to foster a collaborative approach to service
our client base.
11. Collaborates with other departments to create systems and problem solve ongoing issues
that impact departmental/organizational goals and patient care delivery.
12. Demonstrates the ability to communicate the hospital's mission, vision and values as well
as departmental goals to staff members as they relate to providing quality patient care.
13. Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy work environment by modeling the desired
behaviors and encouraging those in others.