Rochester, NY 14615
Full-time Chemistry Manager needed at a top laboratory in New York State!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Manages and is accountable for departmental operations.
The manager will have diverse responsibilities in areas of analysis and clinical decision-making, information management, regulatory compliance, training, quality assurance/performance improvement, and departmental budget.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science or equivalent required.
* 6 years’ of experience as a Medical Technologist required.
* New York State Department of Education Clinical Laboratory Technologist license required.
* Certification by a national certification agency preferred (i.e. ASCP, NCA, or AMT).
- Manages and is accountable for all operations of the chemistry department. Prepares departmental budget in conjunction with operations management, researches and makes recommendations for new capital equipment, and contracts for reagents and instrumentation. Monitors budget performance, prepares variance analysis and takes corrective action to ensure acceptable budget performance. Participates in operational meetings and conducts regularly scheduled departmental meetings. Serves on, or chairs, organizational and inter-corporate committees.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of personnel to efficiently handle the day-to-day workload. Hires, transfers, promote, disciplines, and terminate employees according to existing policies. Monitors the overall performance employees. Prepares and delivers annual and interim performance evaluations and makes salary adjustments accordingly. Oversees staff in the development and evaluation of new products and procedures to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Oversees Quality Control and Proficiency Testing processes. Provides leadership for the establishment, monitoring, and analysis of departmental QA indicators. Initiates plan of corrective action if needed. Communicates QA outcomes to appropriate individuals and departments.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!