Glendale, CA 91222
Full-time Clinical Applications Specialist needed with a top laboratory in California!
(Reference Code: KAM)
The Clinical Applications Specialist draws on clinical experience to provide IT and clinical teams with workflow analysis, project management, and on-going support for clinical applications.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with software and hardware vendors, clinical teams, and IT colleagues to document the company’s requirements, design solutions, and execute the implementation for clinical applications.
- Develops training materials for clinical staff on the use of clinical applications.
- Performs regular workflow analysis and recommends workflow optimization for the use of clinical applications.
- Participates in the IT department’s support procedures for clinical applications.
- Documents application configurations and takes responsibility for the version control and change management of those configurations.
- Assists project managers in the establishment of project timelines, issues, tasks, and project organization charts.
- Submits service requests to vendors of clinical applications and follows through on the resolution of the requests.
- Tests new software releases from commercial vendors and from internal IT projects.
- Makes regular trips to spend on-site time with clinical teams in laboratory, radiology, or other service lines to assess workflow efficiency and recommend workflow and/or applications changes. Some travel required.
- Represents the IT department when clinical teams meet to set strategy, initiate projects, or evaluate current operations.
- Seeks out opportunities for training and demonstrates how that training will benefit the company.
- Works efficiently within the team environment of the IT department and contribute to team task accomplishment
- Adheres to all company regulations stated in the company had book.
- Must keep constant professionalism and phone etiquette.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor to support the goals of the company.
- Dress business casual during business hours
* 5 years of experience as a clinician such as RT or CLS
* Preferably 2 years of experience in a clinical leadership/supervisory role
* Demonstrable responsibility for clinical applications
* Preferably experience implementing RIS/PACS in a radiology environment
* Preferably experience implementing LIS in a laboratory environment
* Excellent oral, listening and written communication skills
* Preferably experience with project management tools
* Preferably experience using SharePoint
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!