Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Full-time Clinical Laboratory Manager needed at a top facility right out of Pittsburgh!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire a laboratory manager with 5-10 yrs experience. Must have NGS experience and must have experience working with direct reports (will have 20-25 direct reports). Masters Degree is required.
This is an exciting opportunity for an independent, creative, service-oriented individual to help build clinical sequencing laboratory services. The candidate will be responsible for daily supervision of a high throughput clinical genome sequencing center including oversight of laboratory technologists, technical trouble-shooting validation and testing processes, reviewing lab results, developing and writing operational procedures, monitoring laboratory key performance indicators, quality metrics and the QC program, timely reporting of quality event reporting to the laboratory director and to quality management, and provide regulatory, due diligence and internal auditing support. Must have experience working in a CLIA, CAP and NY State diagnostic laboratory and be able to apply regulation to clinical diagnostic operations.
- Ideally 10 years of clinical experience with various techniques especially high throughput DNA Sequencing (NGS, Sanger) in a commercial, academic, or government laboratory.
- Experience with nucleic acid–based assay development, process development, project management, vendor management and collaborative research.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control applications in clinical diagnostics.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical applications and work independently under pressure of deadlines and a fast paced, high throughput team environment.
- Practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Experience with LIMS and laboratory automation highly desired.
- Practical experience with clinical laboratory practices and protocols is a definite plus.
- Certification as a MB (ASCP) by ASCP accrediting agency is required or to get certification within 6 months of employment.
Offering competitive compensation and fantastic benefits including 18 paid days off a year and 401k match dollar for dollar up to five percent!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!