Lone Pine, CA 93545
Full Time Clinical Laboratory Scientist opening in Central California!
*Valid CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist license required.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the laboratory scientist, performs a variety of technical and clerical functions that include the procurement and processing of laboratory specimens and providing clerical support in the laboratory.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: B.S. degree in Biology or related science. Knowledge of theory and test applications of Clinical Chemistry, Hematology/Microscopy, and Coagulation are required. Must possess skills required to implement the quality control policies and procedures of the laboratory.
One year of clinical laboratory experience preferred.
License or Certification: Current, valid CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist license required.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
General Measurement Criteria:
Meets Expectations/standards: Successfully meets established goals. Demonstrates competencies critical to job performance. Maintains knowledge base required to perform job responsibilities.
Does Not Meet Expectations/standards: Established goals and responsibilities are not met. Does not demonstrate competencies critical to job performance. Continued guidance or supervision required to meet expectations. Needs to improve performance immediately. Note: A performance improvement plan is required for employees receiving a Does Not Meet rating.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receiving, processing, and documenting verbal and fax orders
• Establishing rapport with customers and properly recording customer information.
• Providing specimen collection instructions to customers when needed.
• Answering questions and providing information.
• Communicating with physicians and nurses to verify clarity of orders.
• Enforcing program and operational procedures.
• Reviewing orders and troubleshooting where needed.
• Generating reports/documentation according to established protocols.
• Prioritizing specimen processing and preparing specimens.
• Observing machine operations, detecting malfunctions and making necessary adjustments.
• Notifying laboratory manager of needed repairs, supplies or other related problems that may arise.
• Following organization standards and legal regulations.
• Assisting in training and orienting new employees.
• Assisting laboratory manger in implementing new and existing procedures
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!