Los Angeles, CA 90059
Full-time Pathology Transcriptionist needed at a hospital just south of Los Angeles!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Under direct supervision performs multiple office-related activities and transcription.
This position reports directly to the Pathology Supervisor and receives technical direction from the Pathology Lead Secretary. There are no subordinates reporting to this position.
- Transcribes Pathology reports from dictation, includes appropriate internal codes and templates to report (including disclaimers), and reviews entire completed report for accuracy.
- Types general correspondence and other administrative material.
- Processes insurance authorizations, invoices, and enters charges as necessary.
- Maintains transcription equipment and supplies.
- Assists with orientation of new employees as assigned.
- Identifies and sets priority for completion of daily tasks appropriately.
- Performs general secretarial work for Pathologists and Pathology Supervisor as assigned.
- Assists with general office duties including faxing, photocopying, mail/shipping, etc
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming calls to the appropriate person.
- Processes requests for send-outs, subpoenas, and affidavits (may include insurance authorizations, charge entry, and/or billing).
- Receives and processes returning slides and consultation reports.
- Discards paper files before packing and sending to warehouse as per discard project worksheet instructions.
- Schedules procedures to be performed by a pathologist.
- Retrieves requested patient information from previous pathology reports and retrieves patient history as requested by Pathology Assistants.
- Scans reports into PowerChart.
- Performs QA on scanned reports.
- Organizes and prepares case information for Tumor Board Presentation.
- Organizes and compiles information for QA/QC studies.
- Performs computer functions relating to the Pathology Department.
- Maintains safe work area by observing all safety procedures and reporting any unsafe conditions or practices to the appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrates an active problem solving attitude & positive approach to all aspects of job
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities (kaizens, lean initiatives) when appropriate.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!