San Francisco, CA 94105
Full-time Clinical Lab Scientist needed at a top Immunohematology Reference Laboratory in California!
(Reference Code: KAM)
**Seeking candidates with extensive blood bank, transfusion, or IRL experience as opposed to CLS generalist experience at this time**
In accordance with regulations, policies, procedures, standards and GMPs, performs antibody detection, antibody identification and compatibility testing. Communicates with physicians and hospital personnel to explain results and provide appropriate advice. Teaches theoretical and practical aspects of Reference Laboratory work. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs blood grouping and typing for common and rare RBC antigens.
- Performs antibody detection and identification using screening cells, commercial panel cells and rare selected cells. Antibody techniques include test tube, microplate and solid phase methods.
- Selects and performs appropriate tests to identify RBC antibodies. Techniques include, but are not limited to: Adsorption, elution, titration, capillary cell separation, testing in saline, LISS, enzymes, PEG, chloroquine, WARM, REST, DTT, neutralizing substances and lectins.
- Performs RBC compatibility testing.
- Performs DNA extraction and Molecular Testing.
- Performs equipment validations and preventive maintenance.
- Performs typing for platelet antigens, detection and identification of platelet antibodies, and platelet compatibility tests.
- Performs drug studies to identify drug-related antibodies that react by the drug adsorption and immune complex mechanisms.
- Prepares reagents including weighing and measuring ingredients and performing pH testing.
- Prepares preliminary and final written reports summarizing serologic findings.
- Freezes RBCs for liquid nitrogen storage and retrieves frozen cells from liquid nitrogen storage, as needed.
- Performs proficiency testing including CAP (College of American Pathologists) and AABB (American Association of Blood Banks).
- Performs daily quality control.
* College or University-Graduated from an accredited School of Clinical Laboratory Scientist. California Eligible Licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist by the State of California. Specialist in Blood Banking preferred.
* Minimum three (3) years as a Medical Technologist with emphasis on antibody identification in a transfusion service or blood center.
* Valid California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!