Middlebury, VT 05753
Full-time Clinical Social Worker needed in Vermont!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Provides social services to assist the patient and family when social, emotional or economic factors interfere with the patient's medical condition, treatment plan or rate of recovery by providing short term therapy using clinically proven models and theories. Works collaboratively with patients, families, other disciplines and other community agencies. Provides community outreach through support groups. Represents the agency in statewide meetings of agency social workers.
- Assessment: 1. Assesses social and emotional factors in order to help the patient and family cope with problems in daily living and to assist them in following medical recommendations to maximize the patient’s health status. 2. Recognizes and utilizes community and family resources to assist the patient in long-term plans for life in the community or to learn to live within the patient’s disability. 3. Promotes community relations and keeps abreast of social work needs in the community for purposes of broadening the service base of the agency.
- Planning: 1. Establishes a plan of care that addresses all the problems identified in the assessment or demonstrates rationale for not doing so. The plan includes goal setting and discharge planning, and is evaluated during every patient contact. The plan is consistent with the physician plan of treatment and signed by the physician. 2. Participates in patient care conferences when appropriate. Maintains communication with other health professionals involved in the patient's care. 3. Develops, prepares and maintains individualized patient care progress records with accuracy, timeliness consistent with agency policies. 4. Efficiently manages a patient caseload. 5. Cooperates and consults with appropriate staff to provide staff education when requested.
- Implementation: 1. Assists the physician, other members of the home health team and the patients family to understand the significance of social and emotional factors related to the patient care. 2. Counsels patients and families to facilitate the plan of care. 3. Provides brief therapy to assist patient, family, and/or caregivers with social and emotional issues associated with medical condition. This may include: brief solution focused therapy, rational emotive therapy, logotherapy, or any of the complementary therapies using the psycho-social model. 4. Provides crisis intervention to reduce patient's risk of abuse and neglect, to ensure adequate food, housing, utilities, to offer mental health intervention or referral, and to ensure safe home environment. 5. Assists patients and families contacting community resources as appropriate. 6. Assists patients and families in establishing advance directives and in planning for long term care as requested. 7. Advocates for patients in need of financial assistance or in situations of abuse and/or neglect. 8. Coordinates and facilitates support groups in Addison County. 9. Participates in the agency's quality improvement program, as requested. 10. Serves as a member of the VAHHA social work group
- Evaluation: 1. Evaluates the patient's plan of care on a regular basis and replans as appropriate. 2. Keeps abreast of social work trends and knowledge. Participates in in-service programs.
1. Educational: Master's degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2. Licensure: Licensed as a clinical social worker in the state of Vermont, if applicable.
3. Experience: Minimum of one year of experience in social work, preferably in a home care agency, or a hospital, outpatient clinic, rehabilitation center or mental health program.
4. Knowledge and Abilities:
a. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to and communicate with individuals over the life span.
b. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
c. Assesses data reflecting the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs.
Specialty: Behavioral Health
Sub Specialty(s): Social Worker-Clinical
Shift: full time-days
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!