Critical Care Registered Nurse
Jefferson, NH 03583 US
Full-Time Critical Care Flex Registered Nurse needed in New Hampshire!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Join a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital offering Medical, Surgical and Intensive Care Services as well as a wide variety of outpatient services - in a beautiful area of NH
New opening: Critical Care Flex Registered Nurse
The Critical Care Flex RN is a highly skilled, flexible, team-oriented critical care registered nurse that is oriented to and works any department, any shift. The primary clinical areas of work include ED, ICU, PACU, and Relief Supervision. This Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible and accountable for patient care in any department in which she/he works. The Critical Care Flex RN (CCF-RN) utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care. The CCF-RN provides patient services while collaborating with physicians, staff members, and ancillary/support services. The CCF-RN provides care in compliance with hospital policies and the standards of practice of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) and Emergency Nurses Association (ENA).
* Current RN license in the State of New Hampshire.
* Current BLS and ACLS certifications required prior to hire. TNCC and PALS required within one year of hire.
* Basic EKG course (minimum 24 hours) required prior to hire.
* Critical Care Course (including ventilator management) required within first year of hire. Preference will be given to candidates that have completed prior to hire.
* Current clinical experience for at least five (5) years required; a minimum of two of these years must be in ICU and/or ED.
* Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) training within 6 months of hire.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills required.
* Strong team player approach and flexibility to work any department and any shift.
* Computer proficiency required.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Demonstrates and maintains clinical competence in general nursing and critical care nursing skills. This function may include scheduled orientation on Medical/Surgical Unit; participation in simulated patient care; attendance of internal/external training classes and self-study modules.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and practices according to the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) and the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) Core Curricula and Standards of Practice.
- Practices excellent interpersonal communication skills and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility and team work. Readily accepts all reasonable work assignments.
- Accepts professional responsibility and accountability for the quality of care provided.
- Actively participates in departmental projects and departmental process improvement activities.
- Provides education to patients, families, and colleagues.
- Quantity of work meets the departmental demands and requirements. Demonstrates the ability to keep up with an increased volume of patients, as needed. Demonstrates knowledge of support systems to obtain assistance as needed.
- Provides education to the patient and significant others related to their medications, health condition, treatment and discharge plan. Collaborates with the physician and Care Management as needed. Reports risk management issues promptly. Completes thorough documentation of the incident and the investigation. Complies with Safety and Infection Control practices.
- Adheres to Medication Safety policies in regards to appropriately bar-coding medications and patient ID bands.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Meet Your Recruiter
Client Relationship Manager, Senior Healthcare Recruiter