Portland, ME 04101
Full-time Cytology Manager needed in beautiful Maine!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Position Summary: Manages cytology technical operations to include technical, administrative and personnel activities. Coordinates and supervises the performance of routine and/or specialized tests and analyses.
- Knowledge of pathology functions, practices and procedures acquired through a Baccalaureate degree in Cytotechnology or Baccalaureate degree in an equivalent science with certification in an accredited Cytotechnology program. An in-depth knowledge of laboratory operations and personnel management acquired through a minimum of 3 years clinical laboratory experience. Prior supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be able to work efficiently with a variety of laboratory computer systems.
- Certification as a cytotechnologist by a recognized professional organization (e.g., ASCP) is required. Certification as a specialist (e.g., SCT), a clinical laboratory supervisor or director, or a Master degree in business or healthcare management preferred.
- Ability to work any shift, holiday, weekend as required.
- Must be able to travel among company sites and to client locations.
* Manages daily departmental operations, supervising single or multiple departments/shifts and/or sites as needed.
* Develops and maintains laboratory quality control and quality assurance policies and procedures, procedure manuals and policy manuals.. Ensures compliance with all regulatory performance and recordkeeping requirements.
* Supervises all Proficiency Testing Programs
* Ensures the resolution of technical problems including remedial actions needed.
* Monitors performance of all test systems.
* Ensures all laboratory personnel have the appropriate education/training for the testing performed and have initially demonstrated and continuously maintained needed competencies.
* Coordinates clinical laboratory activities with activities of other departments as needed.
* Monitors preventive maintenance programs for all instruments/systems to ensure proper operation and functions.
* Oversees staff scheduling to ensure appropriate coverage.
* Oversees the development of Cytology operating and capital budgets.
* Provides direct supervision of personnel, ensuring policies and procedures, including safety and compliance are followed. Recommends promotion, transfer, discipline, or discharge as appropriate.
* Conducts annual employee performance evaluations to include performance goals.
* Develops departmental goals for employee engagement and actively participates in initiatives.
* Maintains knowledge of new technical development. Works with the Laboratory Director, providing the stimulus and direction for improvements and the development of new tests.
* Serves as the primary department operational/technical resource.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!