Portland, ME 04102
Job Title: Cytology Manager
Reports To: Laboratory Director
Manages cytology technical operations to include technical, administrative and personnel activities. Coordinates and supervises the performance of routine and/or specialized tests and analyses.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Successful completion of position's competency assessments.
2. Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
3. Knowledge of pathology functions, practices and procedures acquired through a
Baccalaureate degree in Cytotechnology or Baccalaureate degree in an equivalent
science with certification in an accredited Cytotechnology program. An in-depth
knowledge of laboratory operations and personnel management acquired through
a minimum of 3 years clinical laboratory experience. Prior
supervisory/management experience preferred
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be able to work efficiently with a
variety of laboratory computer systems.
5. Certification as a cytotechnologist by a recognized professional organization (e.g.,
ASCP) is required. Certification as a specialist (e.g., SCT), a clinical laboratory
supervisor or director, or a Master degree in business or healthcare management
6. Ability to work any shift, holiday, weekend as required.
7. Must be able to travel among company sites and to client locations.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!