Harrison, NY 10528
Full-time Cytology Prep Technician needed at a a high volume and expanding private laboratory in New York!
Seeking full-time NYS licensed Clinical Laboratory Technicians/Technologists to join our growing cytology processing team dedicated to providing exemplary patient care. Working in conjunction with expert cytopathologists, cytotechnologists and medical personnel alike the laboratory Technician/Technologist serves as a crucial element of our cytology diagnostic team and provides the foundation for which the cytology department is dependent upon. Job responsibilities for this position include specimen grossing and processing of Non-GYN cytology specimens (FNA, brushings, fluids and cell blocks).
- Gross and prepare direct smears, cytospins/cytoconcentrates and cell blocks. Stain, cover slip, collate and book all cases. Responsible for the documentation and quality assurance and regulatory compliance.
- Reconciliation of cytology specimens when delivered.
- Ability to identify and confirm patient identity, sample integrity and accountability.
- Receipt of specimens that require opening, verifying patient identity, labeling, numbering, and transcription of written information from the test requisition.
- Technical processing and grossing of all cytology specimens including fine needle aspirations, non-gynecological smears and cytoconcentrates utilizing SurePath, ThinPrep and cytospin/Hettich technology.
- Stain, cover slip, collate and book all cases processed.
- Perform QC and QA of all slides processed.
- Maintain all daily logs including specimen integrity log, specimen processing and all maintenance logs.
- Answer the phones and correspond to the needs of the pathologist and supervisor.
- Participate in all proficiency testing events.
- Promote and practice laboratory safety.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in related science
- NYS license as a Clinical Laboratory Technician, Medical Technician or Technologist
- Working knowledge of computers and various applications
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- 1 year of related laboratory experience
Offering fantastic compensation and benefits! For more information, please submit your resume for review.