Heath, OH 43056
Full-time Cytotechnologist needed at a top facility outside of Columbus, Ohio!
(Reference Code: KAM)
- ASCP required; must be graduate of an accredited Cytology program
- M - F (no weekends) day shift
- Start time varies between 7a and 8a
- Must be trained in microscopic evaluation of gynecological (pap smears) and non gynecological (body fluids) specimens
- Primary duty is the microscopic evaluation of pap smears. Additional duties: processing of Non GYN specimens, assisting on final needle aspirates, microscopic evaluation of Non GYN specimens, pap smear registration and accessioning, pap smear processing, pap smear staining, stainer maintenance. The processing, registration, and accessioning is typically done by support staff but the Cytotechs cover for PTO, FMLA, call offs, or when it is needed based on volume.
- Equipment - Thin Prep processors, Thin Prep imager, Leica stainer
Will prepare, exam, and provide diagnostic judgment on gynecologic and non-gynecologic specimens received for cytology evaluation.
*Operates all cytology related equipment, process GYN specimens, prepare non-Gyn specimens according to specimen type and characteristic, and assist on fine needle aspirates.
*Keeps accurate records, to include release and reporting of test information via the laboratory information system.
*Responsible for QA statistics reporting including workload, discrepancies, rescreening results, and five year look back.
*Maintains knowledge of CPT codes for professional billing.
*Provides assistance in area of Cytoprocessing.
*Maintains knowledge and assists in complying with all regulatory agencies including CAP, HFAP, OSHA, and HIPPA.
*Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
*Performs other functions as assigned.
*Completion of an accredited CT program, CT (ASCP) or registry eligible.
*Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, and investigative skills.
*Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
*Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
*Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and under pressure in a complex and changing work environment.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits including a sign-on bonus!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!