Hempstead, NY 11550
Full-time Cytotechnologist needed at a top laboratory in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Responsible for the cytological examination of gyn specimens which includes initial screening and reporting of normal and abnormal cases. Retrieves previous histories to refer cases for QC review. Refers all abnormal cases for final pathology review and diagnosis. May screen non-gyn breast cases for the pathologists. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance and safety.
- Utilizes technical skills and abilities to perform cytological screening and review slides
- Performs routine screening consistent with the department’s quality and productivity metrics
- Examines prepared slides with the microscope to detect evidence of abnormalities in GYN cases
- Uses diagnostic codes to report negative cases and refers abnormal cases to the pathologists for review
- Follows laboratory procedures for slide handling, reviewing, reporting and maintaining records of patient results
- Understands and operates instrumentation systems proficiently
* BS Degree in Cytotechnology, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science or completion of a one year course of study at an accredited school of Cytotechnology
* NYS Department of Education License as a Cytotechnologist
* ThinPrep and SurePath certified
* Certified in the area of Cytotechnology by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or ASCP eligible preferred
Offering competitive compensation, complete benefits, and a sign-on bonus!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!