Macon, GA 31203
Job Title: Cytotechnologist
Department Name: Laboratory
Job Summary: Performs various cytologic tests to determine disease states on a cellular level.
-This is an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Cytotechnologist to join our growing team! This position is offering a competitive compensation package with full benefits.
-We are a tertiary regional teaching medical center, a designated Level I Trauma Center, a perinatal center, and is one of 42 twice-designated Magnet hospitals for nursing excellence nationwide. Our Health System serves a primary and secondary service area of 30 counties and nearly 750,000 persons in central and south Georgia. It has over 4,600 employees and a medical staff of over 590 physicians. As the second largest hospital in Georgia,we are licensed for 637 beds, including medical-surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric, and specialized individual intensive care units for neurology, pediatric, neonatal, surgical trauma, cardiac and cardiac surgery.
Job Criteria - Major Job Functions
|Screens cytologic smears for evidence of malignancy.||QC review, Proficiency testing, Pathologist feedback|
|Assists in collection of specimens when appropriate. Helps maintain slide and report files.||Procedure, Direct observation|
|Responsible for accuracy of charge information supplied to pathology secretaries.||Financial auditors, Pathologist feedback|
|Assists in preparation and processing of specimens for cytologic evaluation especially in the absence of technical assistant.||QC review, Pathologist feedback|
|Performs re-screening of high risk and 10% QC cases when appropriate.||Proficiency testing, Pathologist feedback|
|Enters results in computer, verifies and finalizes reports on all negative gynecologic cytology cases.||CQI, Procedure, Pathologist Feedback|
|Participates in continuing education programs and participates in successful proficiency testing exam and functions.||Continuing education requirements, Proficiency testing|
|Responsible for forwarding any adjunct testing on Cytologic specimens to appropriate personnel.||Procedure|
Supports and maintains a positive work environment following lab and hospital policies and performs other duties as assigned.
|Direct observation, Feedback, Policy|
1. Education: Bachelor's degree. Must include a minimum of 14 semester hours or 21 quarter hours of biology.
2. Experience: 6 months didactic training and 6 months practical experience.
3. Certification/License/Registration: CT, (ASCP), the equivalent, or eligible.
4. Position Titles and Number Supervised: Staff Cytotechnologist
5. Special Training/Skills: Completion of an accredited Cytotechnology program.
6. Physical Demands: Must be able to move about freely, must be able to see, must be able to communicate orally, must be able to perform repetitive functions, must be able to lift 15 lbs.
7. Mandatory Training Required: Hospital and lab mandatory classes. Annual Tech competencies. LIS.
8. Patient Age Groups and Years: All ages and groups-direct contact.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!