Orange Park, FL 32067
Full-time Cytotechnologist needed at a top facility in Florida!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Job Summary: Responsible for staining, mounting and studying cells of the human body, under a microscope, to detect evidence of cancer, hormonal abnormalities, and other pathological conditions, following established standards and practices.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains effective laboratory operations by adhering to standards of specimen collection, preparation, or laboratory safety.
- Documents specimens by verifying patient and specimen identification.
- Prepares microscopic slides from specimens of human cells.
- Mounts, stains, and examines smears under a microscope to evaluate specimen quality and recommends acceptance or rejection to Pathologist.
- Examines cell samples under the microscope to detect abnormalities in the color, shape, or size of cellular components and patterns.
- Classifies and distinguishes abnormal cell structures and reports abnormalities to Pathologists for further examination.
- Provides patient clinical data or microscopic findings to assist Pathologists in the preparation of pathology reports.
- Maintains roster of patients requiring follow-up analysis and advises Pathology of cell changes in subsequent specimen analysis.
- Prepares and analyzes samples, such as Papanicolaou (PAP) smear, body fluids, and fine needle aspirations (FNAs), to detect abnormal conditions.
- Enters data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into the information system for storage.
- Utilizes centrifuge to separate cells and sediment from blood serum.
- Operates, calibrates and maintains equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as spectrophotometers, calorimeters, flame photometers, and computercontrolled analyzers.
- Establishes and monitors quality assurance programs and activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
- Performs quality control checks of instruments, solutions, and test results against established standards.
- Adjusts, maintains, or repairs laboratory equipment such as microscopes.
- May train, supervise, and coordinate activities of cytology personnel.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
- Adherence to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing.
* Completion of a Cytotechnologist program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
* State licensure, if applicable.
* Board of Certification (BOC) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!