Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Currently seeking a Dentist (DDS or DMD) to join our team in Poughkeepsie, NY!
Our Health System provides the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who see it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially for the underserved and vulnerable. This is a great opportuntiy to work for a Federally Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and Westchester County.
A Dentist provides dental care patients of agency by diagnosing and treating diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth and guns; and all other duties as assigned. S/he performs job duties in compliance with systems and job specifics standards.
Essential Responsibilities and Job Duties:
• Makes visual examination of the patients' teeth and surrounding oral structures, utilizing X-rays, mouth mirror, explorers, instruments, and other diagnostic procedures; enters findings on a dental chart and in patient's medical record; decides upon and carries to completion most feasible plan of treatment.
• Provide preventive dentistry counseling, evaluation of nutritional status and oral hygiene habits of patients.
• Locates and repairs cavities in teeth.
• Extracts impacted, infected, or otherwise diseased or troublesome teeth or performs root canal work.
• Advise patients about dental health practices. Has the assistance of a dental hygienist, a dental assistant or a dental laboratory technician in doing work.
• Consults with heads of other patient care services in planning dental treatment to be used, for coordinating patient problems
Preferred Education Requirement: Master’s Degree Minimum
-Licensure/Certification/ Registration Requirement: D.D.S or D.M.D. from an approved dental school
-Must have a New York State License CPR/ BLS
-Certification Preferred Licensure/Certification/Registration: Specialty board certification
We offer a competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, Life and AD&D insurance, ongoing training opportunities and a wellness program. Interested candidates please submit your resume! You can also send it directly to Kristin@ka-recruiting.com
JOB ID: KD232
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!