Peabody, MA 01960
Must be a Licensed psychologist (PsyD or PhD) with a current Massachusetts license ; with At least five years of direct patient care experience and at least three years of administrative management experience
We are passionate about our mission! Our mission is to build healthy communities by providing exceptional care to all. If you are someone that shares our mission and believes that first impressions are lasting impressions, you are a great candidate for us.
We have an opening for a Director of Behavioral Health (DBH). Under the general direction Vice President of Integration, Wellness and Community Development the Director of Behavioral Health (DBH) is responsible for building systems and protocols for a growing behavioral health department practicing integrated behavioral health in a multidisciplinary community health center. The DBH supervises all BH clinicians working in our community health system full-time sites as well as the BH Practice Manager. The DBH is responsible for the effective management of behavioral health programs including oversight of quality, clinical and financial performance, risk management, staffing, safety and service delivery. The DBH is a member of the Health Senior Management team and works with all CH departments, ensuring appropriate use of resources to provide effective, efficient and excellent behavioral health services. The DBH is responsible for the development of enhanced tele-behavioral health services across all sites and develops and maintains a robust clinical internship program.
The DBH provides clinical services to CH patients, the percentage of which is determined by the VP of Integration and the CEO.
As a team member at our health center, you will work with staff who are racially, ethnically and culturally diverse, so being culturally competent is required. A sense of humor is also very important!
• Manages staff performance. Provides direction, training, and coaching; conducts performance planning and review sessions; oversees the BH Peer review process, provides guidance on career development. Applies counseling, disciplinary, and corrective action programs.
• In collaboration with the Director of Operations and Behavioral Health Practice Manager, ensure maintenance of MA Department of Public Heath (DPH) Mental Health Clinic Licensing
• Ensures compliance with all internal quality and external licensing, certification and accreditation standards and regulations, as well as program specific policies and procedures.
• In collaboration with the Director of Compliance, ensures compliance with federal, state, and policies and regulations and standards for professional conduct and services. Provides oversight of regulatory, accreditation, and quality improvement activities BH Medical records
• Assesses, establishes, and implements appropriate systems, procedures, and productivity standards for BH services to ensure quality of services, including use of evidence based practices
• Establishes and monitors department’s annual operating budget and provider productivity
• In collaboration with clinical leadership, envisions, designs, and develops new programs and initiatives, including responding to opportunities to expand care for new services by all payers, including State, ACO and Health Plans.
• In collaboration with the VP Integration, develops and maintains an internal multi-directional patient referral and system across all service lines.
• Ensures the quality and timely completion of all clinical, recordkeeping, and documents for clients. Reviews existing and/or create policies and procedures designed to effectively integrate behavioral health within all service delivery lines
• Maintains an effective working relationship with clinical and nonclinical staff
• Participates in Senior Management Team and attends monthly provider meeting.
• Develops a work flow for seamless warm handoffs for both telehealth and in person care
• Improves the department’s ability to provide time sensitive care to our highest risk patients including providing follow up within seven days of BH hospitalization
• In collaboration with QI team, develops a QI BH dashboard
• Perform consultations to the primary care providers
• Provide clinical evaluations including diagnosis and treatment plans for patients referred to behavioral health
• Provide ongoing communication with medical providers on patient behavioral health needs
• Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings
• Facilitates monthly virtual behavioral health meetings
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Licensed psychologist (PsyD or PhD) with a current Massachusetts license
• At least five years of direct patient care experience and at least three years of administrative management experience
• Strong foundation in systems theory
• Experience in creation or participating in graduate clinical internship and training programs
• Experience in a Patient Centered Medical Home with integrated behavioral health
• Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary team in a primary care setting
• Strong commitment to providing treatment that is compassionate and competent
• Experience working in a diverse environment providing culturally competent services
• Bilingual (Spanish) candidates strongly encouraged to apply
For more details please submit your resume for review. You can also send it directly to Kristin@ka-recruiting.com
JOB ID: KD524
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!