Seeking a full time Medical Laboratory Director to join our team on the beautiful coast of Southern Maine!
Full Time 40hrs/wk
M-F 8:00am -5:00pm
We're more than a hospital. We are a team of providers, clinicians and staff members offering expertise within a Hospital setting, our community sites, and physician practices located throughout Southern Maine and the NH seacoast. Our caregivers' commitment is to make a positive difference in the lives of one another, our patients and our community by instilling our vision of Loving Kindness for all.
We have a new opening for an experienced Director of Laboratory Services. This is a full time, salaried position.
Primary responsibility includes strategic planning, organizing and managing the overall operation of the Laboratory Department. Activities included are performance of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests performed in the laboratory to obtain data for use in highest quality, are cost contained and are carried out in an expeditious, patient friendly manner. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recognizing results or problems that require referral to the Pathologist, assuring competency of all personnel, formulating the budget for the department, maintaining performance improvement activities within the department and participating in CQI activities and maintaining efficient and effective departmental operation in compliance with all state, federal, and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
· Work with hospital administration on strategic planning, organizing and directing laboratory operations and ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
· Make daily rounds in Laboratory to judge effectiveness of operation, utilization of personnel and supplies, and general ethical and professional atmosphere.
· Secure and maintain the physical facilities, equipment and supplies which are required to carry out effective patient care and create an optimum physical environment.
· Initiate and actuate improved methods of services and direct their implementation
· Prepare department budgets for personnel, operating expenses and capital equipment
· Responsible for the fiscal operation of the department
· Communicate appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administration
· Consult other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities
· Establish and maintain standards of performance and ensures competency and appropriate licensure of personnel
· Direct and participate in the human resource management function for the department by coordinating the selection, orientation and performance appraisal processes
· Coordinate the department's in-service training
· Cooperate in the planning programs and safety and preparedness for fire and disaster
· Attend and participates in hospital committees, as appropriate
· Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of performance
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or Chemistry
· Maintains current registration with the American Society for Clinical Pathology and/or equivalent accrediting agency
· Current BLS certification
· Must have previous experience in the management of clinical laboratory of an acute care hospital
· Must have experience with regulatory and accreditation of laboratory operations, preferably CLIA, CAP, and AABB
· Excellent social skills/interpersonal skills, functions well working on a team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to produce clear, concise, and logical documentation for all cases
· Highest integrity
· Ability to be a self-motivated learner, to take initiative in learning the many complex processes
· Produces excellent results, is meticulous, organized and time-conscious
· Exhibits professionalism at all times and understands appropriate workplace behavior/communications.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Hello! Thanks for checking out my job openings. I specialize in recruiting and placing healthcare professionals into full time permanent positions nationwide. I work with top hospitals/clients on Physician, Advanced Level Practitioners, Therapy, Nurses, Nurse Leadership, Laboratory, and other Allied Health Recruitment. I look forward to placing you into a long term satisfying career!