Mount Vernon, OR 97865
Full-time Director of Nursing Services (DNS) for a Care Center in Northeast Oregon!
The position requires a BS degree and must have Long Term Care experience. It will oversee about 30 people - RN's, LPN's and CNA's.
Position Description: The Director of Nursing Services has administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability for assuring functions and activities of the nursing services department. S/he participates in the development of any facility policies that affect the Nursing Services department. The DNS is directly responsible to the facility Administrator.
1) Graduate of an accredited program of nursing education.
2) RN - current license to practice in the State. At least six months experience in a nursing facility.
3) BSN or MSN preferred. Oregon State law mandates that within nine months of employment the DNS have successfully completed six credit hours in management or supervision pertinent to long-term care or have a BSN or MSN with course work in management.
4) Must complete 30 continuing education hours pertinent to nursing administration every two years.
5) Experience in the care of the geriatric resident.
6) Demonstrated leadership abilities.
7) Proven ability to communicate effectively to staff, residents, and family members.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!