Las Vegas, NV 89125
Full-time Director of Patient Safety needed at a top hospital right outside of Las Vegas!
(Reference Code: KAM)
The Nursing Patient Safety Director reports to the Vice President of Quality. The primary purpose of this position is to advance a patient safety program that promotes a culture of safety and the elimination of avoidable harm.
Manages and coordinates an organization-wide patient safety program and all activities relating to the Patient Safety Program. Fosters a culture of safe practices to reduce error and improve patient outcomes. Assesses compliance with national patient safety goals and other patient safety initiatives and implements policies/programs/education to maximize patient safety. Knows and monitors the areas of organizational risk and compliance as it relates to patient safety. Emphasizes proactive harm prevention for patients, visitors, and staff through development and implementation of programs, policies, and activities.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the hospital. The employee shall support the hospital’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the performance improvement and patient safety plans. The employee will also be expected to support all organizational expectations including, but not limited to: Customer Service, Patient’s Rights, Confidentiality of Information, Environment of Care, Risk Management.
* Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing or bachelor’s degree in health related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
* Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS) required; If not already CPPS, must obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
* TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer, It not already a Master Trainer, must obtain within 12 months of hire.
* Minimum of three (3) years healthcare experience in patient safety, risk, and/or quality preferred. Healthcare experience should be recent and within a clinical setting such as Hospital, Ambulatory Surgery Center, etc.
* Demonstrates good organizational skills; tendency to be organized, planful and structured Knowledge of patient safety science principles, theory, methods, standards and regulatory requirements
* Superior interpersonal skills (developing and maintaining positive relationships; communicating clearly and effectively with people at all levels with verbal and nonverbal communication; working with others to identify, define and solve problems)
* Strong leadership qualities (task completion, motivation, organization)
* Knowledge of and experience with patient safety analysis techniques (methods). Proven team building skills in dealing with intra-professional clinical and operations teams including medical staff in diverse settings
* Advanced computer skills with word processing and database competency.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to deliver educational and informational presentations on clinical and/or patient safety topics.
* Ability to inspire others to believe in the culture of patient safety. Effective change agent.
* Information management skills including flowcharting, data analysis and report preparation.
* Knowledge of rapid cycle improvement theory.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!