Milton, FL 32570
Full-time Director of Patient Safety needed at a hospital in Florida!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Position: Director Patient Safety
Full-time, No Weekends
Advance a patient safety program that promotes a culture of safety and the elimination of avoidable harm
* Prevent future harm by initiating and overseeing proactive evaluation and redesign of systems to improve care processes (e.g. forcing functions, checklists, error causation thinking, human factors, applied informatics, culture).
* Support improved outcomes by emphasizing both appropriate behaviors and robust systems that include concise accountability measures and follow-up.
* Improve consistent delivery of evidence-based care and reduction in preventable harm by focusing on reliability and applying the principles of reliable design.
* Reduce variation in care delivery. Partner with the Patient Safety Organization to explore identified variations when appropriate.
* Utilize alerts and best practices (e.g. Sentinel Event Alerts) to perform gap assessments and implement strong actions that will alleviate identified gaps.
Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS) required;
If not already CPPS, must obtain certification within 12 months of hire.
Other licenses/certifications required by State
TeamSTEPPS Master Trainer (If not already a Master Trainer, must obtain with 12 months of hire.)
Clinical background required.
Minimum of three years healthcare experience in patient safety, risk, and/or quality preferred.
Healthcare experience should be recent and within a clinical setting such as Hospital, Ambulatory Surgery Center, etc.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!