Houston, TX 77001
Full-time Director of Quality Management needed!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Duties for this position included but are not limited to the following:
- Promote a culture that is positive, that values individual strengths, takes risks, and is committed to optimal patient care, and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Facilitate the growth of hospital knowledge regarding quality and high reliability, including the dissemination and implementation of “best practices” across the facility.
- Support facility-wide standardization in targeted process improvement initiatives, and evaluate success through pre-established criteria and measurement tools. Support division-wide standardization of process improvement initiatives through facility adoption and implementation.
- Assist with proactive patient safety activities to help create facilities that are high reliability organizations, as reflected in reduced errors, elimination of unsafe processes, and increased involvement of staff and physicians toward a culture of safety.
- Performs regular analysis of facility quality and risk performance data, and plans steps based on data analysis for ongoing improvement.
- Responsible for reporting of data to approved third parties, such as Leapfrog, NCDR & STS databases, etc.
- Lead and/or support clinical process improvement teams as needed to achieve quality and performance improvement goals.
- Collaborates with clinicians and other staff in developing and implementing processes to drive improvement and to comply with regulatory standards.
- Responsible for the ongoing review, revision, and implementation and/or adoption of relevant policies and procedures, plans, and manuals as appropriate.
- Serve as a regulatory resource (in addition to FVPQ) regarding state and federal regulations and standards, including but not limited to CMS, TJC, and CDC. Stay current with NQF, AHRQ, Leapfrog, IHI and other quality performance initiatives.
- Executes special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Masters Degree required.
* Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of Texas preferred.
* Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality CPHQ required; If not already CPHQ, must obtain certification within first year of hire.
* Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in healthcare required.
* Combination of three (3) to five (5) years healthcare experience in quality, risk, and/or patient safety plus management experience required.
* Strong critical thinking skills and experience with Excel software required.
* Experience with analyzing patient data and proven ability to implement actionable performance improvement plans require.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!