Fort Lauderdale, FL 33322
Full-time Director of Surgical Services needed at a top hospital in Florida!
(Reference Code: KAM)
The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participates in employee and patient rounding.
- Identifies and mentors potential future leaders.
* BSN Required, Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field Preferred
* Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
* Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
* Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
* 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR nursing
* 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!