Hartwick, NY 13348
Full-time Endoscopy Nurse Supervisor needed in New York!
Join a great 150-bed, acute care inpatient teaching facility serving people throughout central New York.
Under general supervision of the Director of Ambulatory Nursing and with limited supervision by the Division Chief and the Network Manager of Digestive Disease, the Endoscopy Nurse Supervisor functions as the front line supervisor for all non-provider clinical staff within the Digestive Diseases Division. Additionally, the Nurse Supervisor acts as an expert resource in the field of Digestive Diseases Nursing, teaching nurses how to assist with complex endoscopic procedures, including EGD, Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy and ERCP. The Nurse Supervisor functions as a critical team member of the Digestive Diseases Division, delivering nursing care to patients when not involved in administrative duties. It is expected that this position will be in staffing 20%of the time.
Contributes to education of family, community, and hospital staff as appropriate, and participates in medical and nursing research as indicated. The Endoscopy Nurse Supervisor is a critical member of the Digestive Diseases Management team, working closely with the Network Manager of Digestive Diseases and Division Chief on issues such as staffing, quality assurance, and equipment ordering. This individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must demonstrate the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, identify each patient's requirements relevant to his or her age-specific needs, and provide the appropriate care.
* Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's in Nursing Degree program preferred.
* A minimum of two years of Digestive Diseases nursing experience is required, a minimum of one year leadership experience preferred.
* NYS RN license and registration is required.
* BLS and ACLS certification within 6 months from date of hire.
* Certification in Gastroenterology Nursing through the American Board of Certification for Gastroenterology Nurses, Inc. (ABCGN) preferred.
Offering competitive compensation.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!