Saint Charles, MN 55972
Full-time Family Nurse Practitioner needed at a Mental Health Center in southwest Minnesota!
Seeking an experienced, committed, and flexible Family Nurse Practitioner to join a multi-discliplinary clinical team in an outpatient setting . This position will provide general medical services and client counseling. As a key member of an integrated team, the nurse practitioner will assist with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatment, care management and consultations.
- Performs routine examinations of clients to determine presence of illness, utilizing physical findings, laboratory results and medical history.
- Creates a treatment plan and implements its components including prescribing of medication, diagnostic tests, exams and procedures.
- Performs therapeutic procedures, including injections, immunizations, wound care, incision and drainage of superficial infections, follow-up of simple fractures, simple laceration repairs, etc.
- Monitors client closely (in person and by phone) for changes in severity of symptoms and medication side effects.
- Coordinates patient care and makes referrals to physicians, nurses, psychologists, chemical health counselors, case management, nutritionists, specialty care, etc.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Masters or Doctorate Degree in Nursing Practice (DNP).
- Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program.
- Knowledge and experience in assessment, pharmacotherapy, lab tests and medications.
- Clinical expertise in primary care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!