White Plains, NY 10601
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
To perform flow cytometric analysis of all tissues, bone marrow (BM), and peripheral blood (PB) samples. A key player in the lab operation with respect to ordering, filing, Quality Assurance (QA), and Quality Control (QC) in all aspects of a clinical lab.
1. The individual must be able carry out a variety of moderate to complex laboratory techniques including: flow cytometric analysis, BM core processing, preparation of smears and subsequent staining.
2. The individual must be able to collect data and critically analyze each specimen under the supervision of the lab supervisor and maintain adequate notebooks, Recordkeeping is extremely important.
3. The individual must be able to process each specimen from the accessioning to the final data entry.
4. Maintain a well-stocked, clean, and safe lab environment.
5. Must be computer literate with different programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
6. Multi-tasking with no margin of error.
7. The tech shall be organized and keep detailed records of all tests done on each patient. He must be responsible in tracking and reporting such tests.
Working knowledge of State and Federal regulations governing laboratories.
Understanding and assistance in quality control / quality improvement programs, staining QC, programs / reports and continuing education program.
Working knowledge and understanding of computers.
Good technical skills and working knowledge of computers.
Independent judgment required to meet common goal.
Cooperative working relationships with peers and management.
Dependable, flexible and adaptable in all aspects of work.
Strong interpersonal skills.
The ability to provide leadership and direction toward subordinates.
The ability to train new hires.
Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!