Cocoa, FL 32926
Physician Assistant - Gastroenterology
This position will be 24 hours per week Tuesday-Thursday and will include some rounding at the hospital with the Physician on call on the weekends. This position will include general GI care, medical histories, physical exams, scripts , and related follow-up
care. Position requires formulation of care plans from patient data base and diagnostic test results, communication with patients and patient’s family members regarding health and patient management issues, and development of GI patient protocols for
assessment and teaching requirements. This position will also require the making of referrals for consultative services and arrange for acute care when conditions are indicated.
1. State of Florida license or ability to obtain license.
2. Minimum two years of experience (post licensing) required.
Education, skills, and experience:
1. Experience in Gastroenterology, Family Practice, Internal Medicine or Urgent Care preferred.
2. Experience in managing Health Maintenance and Chronic Disease Management preferred.
3. Make referrals for consultative services including review and coordination of such services.
4. Arrange for acute care when conditions for same are indicated.
5. Experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred.
6. Knowledge of organizational resources developed over the first year of hire.
7. Excellent computer skills. Familiar with electronic billing, software such as Microsoft Office.
8. Strong English oral and written communication skills.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!