Greensboro, NC 27410
Full-time GI Pathologist needed!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Job Title: Pathologist
Job Summary: Diagnose presence and stage of diseases using laboratory techniques and patient specimens and studies nature, cause and development of diseases, and structural and functional changes caused by them.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Examines and interprets prepared tissue sections and body fluids and secretions by using a variety of microscope techniques, including light microscopy, electron microscopy and fluorescence microscopy.
- Diagnosis, from body tissue, fluids, secretions or other specimens the presence and stage of disease or other abnormalities, utilizing laboratory techniques and dictates findings.
- Identifies the etiology, pathogenesis, morphological change, and clinical significance of diseases.
- Consults with referring physicians about ordering and interpreting tests or providing treatments.
- Provides diagnostic information to the treating/referring physician in the form of a written pathology report.
- Participates in proficiency testing programs and intradepartmental meetings to establish measures to ensure and improve accuracy of diagnoses and quality of care.
- Participates in professional organizations, conferences and seminars to keep abreast of developments in pathology.
- May perform gross examination, dissection and description of specimens according to procedure.
- May train and educate laboratory personnel, students, and residents in the processing of specimens.
- May take photographs of specimens when indicated for patient reports or archival purposes.
- May consult with peers on difficult cases as requested or needed.
- May teach residents on a rotating basis.
- May plan and supervise the work of the pathology staff, residents or visiting pathologists.
- May testify in depositions or trials as an expert witness.
- May perform autopsies.
- May perform on-call responsibilities.
- Completes annual training programs within the required timeframe and regularly attends staff meetings.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
- Adherence to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* Be a doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy; and
* Possess an unlimited and unrestricted license to practice medicine or osteopathy in the state in which the laboratory is located, and applicable states in which laboratory receives specimens or be eligible to obtain licensure; and
* For Gastrointestinal and/or Genitourinary Pathology:
- Completion of an approved four year residency in anatomic and/or clinical pathology; and
- Completion of a one year training in an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education accredited Gastrointestinal and/or Genitourinary Pathology; and
- Be certified in anatomic or clinical pathology, or both, by the American Board of Pathology or American Osteopathic Board of Pathology or possess qualifications that are equivalent to those required for such certification; and
- Be certified in a subspecialty program approved by an American Board of Medical Specialties, and is Board Certified in the subspecialty of Gastrointestinal and/or Genitourinary Pathology.
* Minimum of one year pathology experience.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!