New Bedford, MA 02740
Seeking an Adult / Geriatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our growing team! This is an outpatient Adult Primary Care position working with a great Community Health Care System in South Shore, MA! Our company is located just south of the Boston area!
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant will examine patients, review medical histories, interpret diagnostic tests, diagnose patient injury/illness, provide appropriate treatment and education and consult with their supervising or collaborating provider when needed. The NP/PA will document treatment appropriately in the Electronic Health Record and follow the Health Center's policies and procedures regarding quality care and compliance.
1 Responsible for conducting individual patient health history, physical assessments and screenings to include various diagnostic testing as needed. Responsible for interpreting the results and providing feedback to patient and/or designated family member.
2. Responsible for prescribing/performing various treatment modalities - including, but not limited to: medications, injections, wellness counseling, suturing, and ancillary testing.
3. Responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of treatment plans.
4. Consults and collaborates for with a variety of health care professionals and makes referrals as necessary.
5. Monitors and ensures patient satisfaction.
6. Facilitates appropriate utilization of the healthcare system and encourages appropriate follow-up care.
7. Provides educational opportunities for the patient and/or family related to health status, utilizing additional resources when indicated. Responsible for facilitating patient's participation in medical and health care by providing information needed to make informed appropriate healthcare decisions.
8. Maintains accurate, legible, timely documentation of patient encounters.
9. Serves on and actively participates as a member on committees as assigned. Attends a variety of meetings, discussions, conferences, seminars, and workshops, both within and outside the organization as applicable to own position's responsibilities. Maintains certification in compliance with current State law.
10. Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to manage and provide the care appropriate to the ages of patients served on his/her assigned practice setting.
11. Incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development relative to the patient's specific age.
12. Additionally, incumbent must be able to provide the care needed as described in the Health Center policies and procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Ability to effectively communicate with patients as well as physicians and other healthcare providers.
• Must possess the ability to treat patients and their families with compassion and understanding.
• Must possess the ability to treat patients as well as physicians and other healthcare providers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & OTHER CREDENTIALS:
• Current and unrestricted Massachusetts Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant License
• DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration
• Board Certification as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
• Current CPR/BLS Certification
• Maintain continuing medical education
For more details please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!