Lisbon, NH 03585
Full-time HIM Director needed in New Hampshire!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Join a top critical access hospital in western New Hampshire that has won numerous awards for providing exemplary care.
Currently seeking a HIM Director/Compliance/HIPAA Officer
Day Shift, Mon-Fri
The primary responsibilities of the HIM Director involve the technical operation and administrative supervision of the HIM Department. Manages and coordinates the activities of staff engaged in medical record transcription, coding, indexing, abstracting and filing. Assists the Medical Staff, Hospital Staff, Administration, and outside organizations with all activities involving medical records. Works with Fiscal Services to coordinate the reimbursement of hospital services. Implements Critical Access Hospital Condition of Participation (CAH COP) and other regulatory agency requirements pertinent to the department. Participates in the selection of sources of needed services not provided by the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Previous working knowledge and understanding of state laws and regulations pertaining to privacy, record retention, and birth and death registration and applies this knowledge to release of information, registry processes, and record retention and destruction.
- Thorough understanding of federal privacy and security regulations and applies this knowledge to release of information, requests for amendments, and other functions.
- Provide overall direction to ensure controls concerning accuracy, confidentiality, retention, and circulation of records, are adhered to in accordance with guidelines of regulatory agencies.
- Ensure staffing levels are appropriate to maintain a current workflow and to eliminate backlog.
- Develop and implement various plan productivity standards for key HIM processes.
- Monitor productivity standards consistently to ensure compliance.
- Work closely with Physicians and other departments to coordinate medical record activities, to provide advice/counsel concerning use of records and information, and coordinate projects.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to assure accurate, cost-effective work processes.
- Oversee the Corporate Compliance Program and performs ongoing compliance monitoring activities.
- Oversees, directs, delivers, or ensures delivery of privacy training and orientation to all employees, volunteers, medical and professional staff and applicable business associates.
- Participates in the development, implementation and ongoing compliance monitoring of all business associate agreements to ensure that all privacy concerns, requirements and responsibilities are addressed.
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
* Must have minimum of 3 years of management experience.
* General office conditions, ability to see, hear, and speak, and manual dexterity.
* Must be credentialed by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as a Registered Record Administrator (RRA) or a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
Offering fantastic compensation and benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!