Atlantic City, NJ 08405
Full-Time Health Information Management Services (HIMS) Manager needed at a 400 bed hospital in beautiful Atlantic County, New Jersey
HIMS MANAGER, CODING SERVICES
Schedule: Full Time
Job Details: The Manager, Coding Services is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the Health Information Management Services (HIMS) coding staff. Provides administrative direction for multiple functional areas of the HIMS Department. Plans, directs and supervises the HIMS and manages the coding and abstracting functions, trains and orients new staff and provides in –service training for all employees. Represents the department on assigned medical staff and administrative committees as designated, and assists the department Director in preparing the annual budget.
* Associates Degree
* RHIT and CCS
* At least 5 years of medical records experience
* At least 5 years of coding (inpatient and outpatient) work experience
* Is fluent in new regulations, guidelines and/or technical developments pertaining to ICD-10-CM, CPT, DRG's and APC's
* Knowledge of case mix and reimbursement
* Knowledge of coding related information systems software
* Knowledge of revenue and payer requirements
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Bachelors Degree
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!