Fairfield, CT 06824
Full-time Medical Technologist needed at a top not-for-profit provider of comprehensive healthcare services - 1 hour from NYC
Seeking a Medical Technologist within the Hematology area our CAP accredited Laboratory Department. This position will be predominately be working in Hematology with cross training in the area of Chemistry. This is a Full Time (37.5hrs/weekly) day shift position with rotating weekend and holiday coverage in Hematology.
The Medical Technologist is responsible for independently performing and reporting general and/or specialized laboratory tests in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures, and for providing technical services and laboratory support information to staff and providers. This person functions as the lead when the department supervisor is not available.
* Minimal Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related field and course study acknowledged
* MT (ASCP or AMT certification) or MLT (ASCP or AMT certification)
* 1-2 years of experience as a Medical Technologist
* Must be competent in 4 laboratory sections
* Knowledge of principles and practices of laboratory science and minimal computer skills
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits. For more information, please submit your resume for review!