Tampa, FL 33605
Full-time Moh's Technician needed outside of Tampa, FL
(Reference Code: KAM)
Excellent Job Opportunity!
Looking for a responsible and dependable person to operate the MOHs services on the Mobile Units.
* Education: Proof of training in a certified program in Mohs and/or significant work history with excellent references. Training received from a Histotechnician or Histotechnologist program with a focus on Mohs techniques and procedures.
* Experience: Significant technical expertise and a high level of responsibility in handling delicate specimens.
* Other Requirements: Must demonstrate competency in all job-related tasks, including technical expertise in tissue processing, organization and storage of slides and efficiency in ordering and restocking of supplies and reagents. Provides support in quality improvement and participation in other clinic meetings. Performs other duties as assigned by Mohs surgeon or Clinical Services Director.
- Prepares equipment for use in frozen sections in adequate time to receive Mohs specimens.
- Maintains equipment by performing routine and scheduled maintenance and documents the completion of these duties.
- Follows the instructions from the Mohs surgeon as to the proper orientation of the specimen. Maintains accurate records of all specimens received.
- Processes and cuts frozen sections and prepares slides, reviews staining for adequacy, properly labels and distributes slides to Mohs surgeon within a reasonable time frame.
- Keeps area clean and well-stocked. Orders and maintains an adequate amount of supplies and reagents to accommodate the Mohs caseloads.
- Follows all OSHA safety guidelines and Clinic safety policies, including the handling of sharps and the proper disposal of hazardous waste. Participates in a Quality Improvement Program by documentation of corrective measures and
Offering a competitive compensation package, including outstanding benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!