Dresden, OH 43821
Full-Time Histotech needed in Ohio!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Join a not-for-profit health care organization at its main hospital site just east of Columbus, Ohio.
The Histology Technician is responsible to perform pre-analytical specimen processing on surgical tissue.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Scope of responsibility may include maintenance of equipment, embeds tissue in proper size base mold, appropriately levels tissue in blocks, prepares tissue slides of uniform thickness without compressions, folds, or chatter marks, and cover slips slides without air bubbles.
- Must demonstrate ability to keep accurate records, to include specimen identification through all steps of processing and specimen registration via the hospital and laboratory information system.
- Maintains knowledge of histology special stains and immunohistochemical stains.
- May provide assistance in area of Cytoprocessing.
- Maintains knowledge and assists the organization in complying with all regulatory agencies including CAP, HFAP, OSHA, and HIPPA.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
* Completion of an accredited HLT or HT program, HLT(ASCP) or equivalent, HT(ASCP) or equivalent, or registry eligible.
* Entry level experience in Histology laboratory which may include a hospital based student clinical rotation.
* Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, and investigative skills.
* Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure in a complex and changing work environment.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!