Palm Springs, CA 92262
Full-time Histology Technician needed at a top hospital in Southern California!
(Reference Code: KAM)
M-F 5 am-7 am start (not sure exactly yet), 8 hr shifts. Need routine and special stain experience, preferably in a hospital setting. Minimum 3 years’ experience.
Title: Histology Technician – Histology
Job Objective: The position prepares and stains tissue sections from surgical and autopsy material for microscopic interpretation by the pathologist.
Reports to: Histology Supervisor
* Graduate of an accredited school of Histologic Technique or 2 yrs on the job training under Board certified Pathologist
* ASCP CA state certification
* 1 year working as a certified histology technician or 2 years completion of training under Board certified Pathologist
* 2 years working as a certified histology technician or 1 year working as a histotechnologist
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Processes surgical specimens in accordance with established procedures.
- Processes all necessary paperwork, assuring appropriate reporting.
- Embeds, sections, and stains tissue for microscopic interpretation by the pathologist.
- Performs frozen sections and staining as needed.
- Utilizes Laboratory Information Systems as appropriate.
- Disinfects and maintains work areas and instrumentation as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency on Laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Complies with hospital and Laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- Performs general duties in grossing area as needed.
- Performs quality control and maintains records.
- Assists in ordering, maintaining, and restocking of supplies.
- Monitors block and slide storage and disposal.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!