Tempe, AZ 85280
Full-time Histotech needed at a top facility in Arizona!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire a night shift Histotech (10pm to 6:30am)
Job Summary: Prepares histologic slides from human tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by Pathologist.
- Prepares sections of human tissue for microscopic examination and patient diagnosis, using techniques to gross (dissect tissue), embed (orient specimen in paraffin block), section (cut thin sections of tissue), stain (enhance contrast of tissue and highlight specific features of interest with routine hematoxylin and eosin stains), and mount tissue (adhere tissue onto glass slides), from surgical procedures.
- Performs recuts and additional stains including special and immunohistochemistry stains, as requested by a Pathologist.
- Operates computerized laboratory equipment to fix, dehydrate, and infiltrate with wax, tissue specimens to be preserved for study by Pathologist.
- May label requisitions, specimen containers, cassettes and/or slides and affixes coverslip to slides.
- Maintains laboratory equipment and tracks all routine maintenance and quality controls performed.
- Files, retrieves, and distributes blocks, slides, and pathology reports.
- Operates, cleans, and sterilizes laboratory equipment, glassware, instruments and workstation.
- Disposes of hazardous chemical wastes per regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
* Associate’s Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing.
* Certified or eligible for Board of Certification (BOC) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
* Completion of a Histology program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or minimum of one (1) year experience as a Histology Technician Trainee and competent in the areas of embedding, microtomy, and special stains.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!