Nashville, TN 37215
Full-time Grosser needed at a top laboratory right outside of Nashville, Tennessee!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire a Grosser (CLIA qualified grossers/ Histotech Grossers/ PA’s) in our lab.
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 3:30pm
JOB SUMMARY: The person in this position is qualified as a high complexity testing personnel under CLIA-88 regulations. This position is responsible for accessioning and gross examination of tissue specimens independently under the direction of the Medical Director of Pathology.
- Accession and prepare tissue specimens for gross examination.
- Perform gross dissections of both higher complexity cases as well as smaller surgical and biopsy cases.
- Perform gross dictations as outlined by the department specimen protocol.
- Properly hang tissue on the processors.
- Photograph specimens (Polaroid, digital, and 35 mm).
- Prepare tissue to be sent out for further testing such as Lymphoma Phenotyping, Quantitative Iron studies, etc.
- Prepare routine solutions, maintain an inventory of supplies and store in proper location and keep a clean work area.
- Responsible for proper disposal and handling of hazardous waste (i.e. xylene, reagent alcohol, formaldehyde, B-Plus) and dispose of specimens according to procedures.
- Meet department and quality assurance standards.
- Review procedure manuals and stay current with procedural changes that have occurred.
* Must be qualified as high complexity testing personnel under CLIA-88 regulations. The minimum training/experience required of such personnel is:
An earned associate degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology, obtained from an accredited institution, OR
Education/training equivalent to the above that includes at least 60 semester hours or equivalent from an accredited institution. This education must include 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses, OR 24 semester hours of science courses that includes 6 semester hours of chemistry, 6 semester hours of biology, and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology or medical laboratory technology in any combination. In addition, the individual must have laboratory training including either completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by the ABHES, the CAHEA, or other organization approved by HHS (note that this training may be included in the 60 semester hours listed above), OR at least 3 months documented laboratory training in each specialty in which the individual performs high complexity testing.
Offering competitive compensation and benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!